MPNHA Photo Contest – $25 Prize
We know that you have some amazing photos, and now it’s time to share them! The Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area is hosting a photo contest. It’s time to dust off the camera, phone, whichever you use to capture special moments and share some great pictures. You probably have some on your hard drive somewhere too!
To enter, users must upload their images to the MPNHA Facebook Page and submit a form (below) for each image that they enter into the contest.
- All photos must be be property of the entrant and an original work. If you are submitting for someone else, permission must be obtained before uploading the image.
- All photos must be taken inside the boundaries of the MPNHA.
- Photo enhancements are allowed.
- The entry can be used on the MPNHA’s social media channels, website, etc. and will be credited to the entrant.
- If people are included in the image, a release is required for entry.
- All entrants must submit a short entry form in addition to uploading the image onto the MPNHA Facebook page.
- The final date to enter is July 21, 2017 at midnight, mountain time.
- The winner of the contest and $25 gift card to a retailer of their choice will be selected by the number of likes on their image. Ask your friends to vote for your image! In the event of a tie, the images with the same number of likes (loves, etc.) will be assigned a random number and then picked at random. The winner will be chosen and contacted on July 31, 2017.
- There is no age limit to participants (under 13 years of age must have parental permission) or limit to the number of images that are allowed, as long as every image has been submitted into the form below.
- Voting starts when you upload your image, so enter earlier for your best chance.
- Those who work for the MPNHA are not eligible to enter/win.
- Have fun.
The Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area Makes KSL Great Outdoors List
was posted on Nov 25th, 2015 . The Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area Makes KSL Great Outdoors List with two of their heritage areas. The Goblin Valley State Park and Zion National Park.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS — Utah is a land of diverse and breathtaking vistas filled with mind-boggling stone formations and capped with snow-covered peaks. Each day Utah’s varied landscapes put on a stunning display.
For the willing explorer and homebody alike, Utah has so much to offer. Here’s just a handful of interesting tidbits and panoramas highlighting some of Utah’s incredible outdoor treasures, beginning with a landscape that has helped make Utah an outdoor traveler’s paradise.
Goblin Valley is named for a unique collection of geological formations called hoodoos, which have been nicknamed “goblins.” Near the southern end of the San Raphael Swell, Goblin Valley’s delicate wonders have been featured in films, international news and countless family memories. It’s an otherworldly landscape as unique as any, and found only in Utah.
Along with a human history of more than 12,000 years and a dramatic world-renowned landscape of mesmerizing verticality, Zion National Park can also claim the distinction of being Utah’s very first national park.
Named Zion (which means the City of God/sanctuary) by early European-American pioneers, this one-of-a-kind Utah landscape is home to some of the world’s tallest sandstone cliffs, which dwarf even the continent’s tallest man-made structures. This red rock wonderland located in southwestern Utah is also home to an incredible number of world-renowned hikes including the Zion Narrows, Angel’s Landing and the Subway.
For these and many more reasons, Zion National Park is nearly always listed as one of North America’s most visited national parks.
When visiting these beautiful, unique landscapes, remember to always tread lightly, leave no trace and have fun. A landscape as beautiful, rugged and diverse as Utah, merits equal-parts adventure, appreciation respect and preservation.
Mike Godfrey is a graduate of BYU, and along with his wife Michelle, the owner/manager of At Home in Wild Spaces: an outdoor recreation website, blog and community dedicated to sharing national parks, wilderness areas, hiking/biking trails, and more.