[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/MPNHA-Press-Release-Power-of-the-Horse.pdf” title=”MPNHA Press Release – Power of the Horse”]
The Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area Restoration projects have been plentiful over the last decade. You may not be aware of the various projects that have been completed inside the boundaries of the MPNHA. While a majority of the work has been on restoring and preserving the history of early Mormon pioneer settlers of the area, there has also been significant effort given to telling the stories of the people who shaped the unique landscapes of the MPNHA.
Over the past 12 years, the MPNHA has assisted 26 communities and seen the revitalization of 45 historic buildings/areas throughout the corridor in the telling of the Mormon pioneer story.
To date, more than 130 different MPNHA grants have facilitated the restoration of historic buildings across the heritage area, breathed new life into towns as part of main street revitalization efforts, and provided educational opportunities, including the MPHNA’s own TV show “Discovery Road” and the book “Legends, Lore & True Tales in Mormon Country,” for members of local communities and visitors to experience the lives of those early pioneers.
The Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area restoration projects were accompanied by educational programs, and historic sites, the MPNHA has contributed in the development of an agritourism/equestrian center, 3 veterans memorials (in Gunnison, Loa and Salina), trails and biking paths, three museums, commemorative kiosks and pavilions, a railroad village, and interpretive visitors centers, including the Hole-in-the-Rock Interpretive Center in Escalante.
Several of the projects have been recipients of heritage restoration and other awards, while the MPNHA itself was named “Best of State in Heritage Tourism” in 2017.
The MPNHA is committed to continuing its efforts, which have borne tremendous fruit in the communities it covers and greatly enhanced the telling of the tale of the magnificent Mormon colonization of much of the West, long into the future.
[embeddoc url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MPNHA-Press-Release-MPHNA-The-Lost-Tomahawk-1.pdf” viewer=”google”]
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/MPNHA-Press-Release-Scandinavian-Heritage-Festival-1.pdf” title=”MPNHA Press Release – Scandinavian Heritage Festival”]
We know that you have some amazing photos, and now it’s time to share them! The Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area is hosting a photo contest. It’s time to dust off the camera, phone, whichever you use to capture special moments and share some great pictures. You probably have some on your hard drive somewhere too!
To enter, users must upload their images to the MPNHA Facebook Page and submit a form (below) for each image that they enter into the contest.
- All photos must be be property of the entrant and an original work. If you are submitting for someone else, permission must be obtained before uploading the image.
- All photos must be taken inside the boundaries of the MPNHA.
- Photo enhancements are allowed.
- The entry can be used on the MPNHA’s social media channels, website, etc. and will be credited to the entrant.
- If people are included in the image, a release is required for entry.
- All entrants must submit a short entry form in addition to uploading the image onto the MPNHA Facebook page.
- The final date to enter is July 21, 2017 at midnight, mountain time.
- The winner of the contest and $25 gift card to a retailer of their choice will be selected by the number of likes on their image. Ask your friends to vote for your image! In the event of a tie, the images with the same number of likes (loves, etc.) will be assigned a random number and then picked at random. The winner will be chosen and contacted on July 31, 2017.
- There is no age limit to participants (under 13 years of age must have parental permission) or limit to the number of images that are allowed, as long as every image has been submitted into the form below.
- Voting starts when you upload your image, so enter earlier for your best chance.
- Those who work for the MPNHA are not eligible to enter/win.
- Have fun.
[embeddoc url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MPNHA-Press-Release-Scandinavian-Festival-5-12-2017.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google”]
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/MPNHA-Press-Release-Best-of-State-Nomination.pdf” title=”MPNHA Press Release – Best of State Nomination”]
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MPNHA-Press-Release-Polaris-National-Park-Foundation-Grant.pdf” title=”MPNHA Press Release – Polaris- National Park Foundation Grant”]
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/NPS-Grant-to-MPNHA.pdf” title=”NPS Grant to MPNHA”]
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/MPNHA-Press-Release-The-Unknown2.pdf” title=”MPNHA Press Release – The Unknown2″]
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.mormonpioneerheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/MPNHA-Press-Release-9-23-2016-Clarion-on-Discovery-Road.pdf” title=”MPNHA Press Release – 9-23-2016 – Clarion on Discovery Road”]